Antonín KUTAAssociate Professor
University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
Faculty of Chemical Technology
Department of Polymers
CZ-166 28 Prague 6
phones: (+420) 2 2044 4121
fax: (+420) 2 2044 3175
- PhD., Prague Institute of Chemical Technology, Department of Polymers, 1982, Crosslinking of Polymer Blends Nitrile Rubber – PVC
- MSc. in Technology of polymer manufacture and processing, Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, 1977, Concentration of crosslinks in styrene-butadiene and other rubbers – distribution of polysulfide crosslinks
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Associated Professor, 1999-
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Assistant Professor, 1993-1999
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Researcher, 1981-1993
- Physics of Polymers (M.Sc., Ph.D.)
- Technology of Polymer Materials Processing (M.Sc.)
- Applied Rheology (M.Sc.)
- Bachelor, Diploma and Doctoral Thesis supervisor
Grant projects in the last 5 years
- MIT CR FT-TA3/109 Rubber containing ecologically unobjectionable plasticizers, co-investigator, 2006-2009
- MIT CR FT-TA3/034 Development, application and testing of new catalysts for PUR systems, co-investigator, 2006-2009
- MIT CR FT-TA4/095 Properties changes of rubber coatings methods of their monitoring during service, co-investigator, 2007-2011
- GA CR P108/10/0195 New multi component polyurethanes – preparation and characterization, co-investigator, 2010-2012
Collaboration with industry in the last 10 years
- different Czech companies: Mitas, Rubena , Škoda Auto, etc.
- Werba-Chem GmbH
- Poland (1987) – 1 month
Poznań University of Technology, Department of Plastics Processing, Poznań
- Danmark (1990) – 3 months
University of Denmark, Department of Chemistry Engineering, Lyngby
- Canada (1993-1995) – 24 months
Macro Engineering and Technology, Mississauga
- China (1995-1996) – 9 months
Jiahhua Plastic Company, Qinhuangdao
- Taiwan (2006) – 1 month
Chang Chun Group, Miao-li
Committees and advisory boards
- Science secretary of Rubber Group Zlín, Czech Society of Industrial Chemistry
- Member of Technical Standardisation Committees No.23: Rubber and No.52: Plastics, Czech Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing
Processability testing of rubbers and plastics, rubber vulcanization, polymer blends, rubber recycling. The most recently we are focused on
- Relation of Natural rubber processing characteristics with visco-elastic and other data.
- Effect of processing oil type on properties of rubber compounds and vulcanisates.
- Tire scrap recycling
List of the most important publications in last 5 years
- Kuta A., Hrdlička Z., Pokorný J., Brejcha J., Voldánová J., Plitz J.
Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Rubbers with Standard Oils and Oils with Low Content of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons.
KGK – Kautsch. Gummi Kunstst. 2010, 63 (4), 120-122.
- Hrdlička Z., Kuta A., Hájek Z.
Thermoplastic elastomer blends based on waste rubber and low-density polyethylene.
Polimery 2010, 55 (11-12), 832-838.
- Kuta A., Hrdlička Z, Ducháček V.
Very Fast Vulcanising Systems.
Polymeric material in Automotive Indutry & Slovak Rubber Conference, Bratislava 2009.
Chem. listy 2009, 109 (S), 21-24
- Kuta A., Hrdlička Z, Strachota A., Špírková M.
The Influence of Macrodiol Type on the Mechanical Properties of Polyurethane Materials.
Mater. Manuf. Proc. 2009, 24, 1214–1216.
- Špírková M., Strachota A., Urbanová M., Baldrian J., Brus J., Šlouf M., Kuta A., Hrdlička Z.
Structural and Surface Properties of Novel Polyurethane Films.
Mater. Manuf. Proc. 2009, 24, 1185–1189.
- Hrdlička Z., Kuta A., Ducháček V.
Energy Reduction at Processing of Styrene-Butadiene Rubber by Modification with Liquid Polybutadiene.
KGK – Kautsch. Gummi Kunstst. 2009, 62 (1-2), 28-34.
Author or co-author of 34 papers, 75 conference lectures, short communications and posters, 3 patents and numerous research reports both on fundamental and task research.